Picture
Sometimes you just run out of gas on the one day you forget your debit card. Your emergency cash was used up and now you are stuck and stranded with three little kids and melting ice cream in the trunk. Whatever your version of overwhelm is, it happens. But what can you do, to keep yourself from pulling out your hair while stomping up and down? What is to keep you from curling into a little ball and waiting for your breath to stop coming? There is a better way, and its simple.

Take the next obvious step.

How the heck do you figure out what the next stop is? Easy. Stop. Pretend that you are a special God Sent Angel, who is here to fix your life from the mess that it has become. Pretend that an ethereal being just inherited your crappy situation. Look at your life from that angle. The drama, resentment, fear, anger, guilt and angst are gone. There are no stories, there is no past, there is no blame, or should have's or what ifs. Take in the simple facts. Now, answer this question: What is the next obvious step?

It should be something really easy like, brush your teeth. Drink some water. Get a paper and pencil. Get your shoe out of the poop. Whatever the next simple task that is put before you, do it with love, knowing that it is your Higher Self, coming  to the rescue to take you out of your funk. Follow the steps one by one, and enjoy beating overwhelm one task at a time.

Want to connect with your guides to receive more specific instructions? Try a tarot reading, I'm really good at them :O)

Comments

07/23/2016 7:25pm

Beautiful reminder for when the overwhelm hits. Thank you :)

When you are overwhelmed, try to take deep breaths. Try to calm yourself, don't think of anything else, then sit down and drink water. I'm also doing these whenever I'm in this kind of situation. I also try to organize my tasks from important to the least so I'll know which one to do first. Try cleaning you surrounding, so that you'll feel fresh and not bombarded with all those papers. These tips really help me overcome being overwhelmed. Thank you for sharing this.

06/22/2017 8:51pm

We sometimes get too blinded by so many distractions in our lives. We have a lot of questions to ask, but what we don't realize is that most of the time, the answers are in front of us. We always look for the things that we don't have so we never really get contented about anything. We like to complicate things when asking what we should do. What we should have done was the next obvious thing. Not everything will be handed out to us so we have to work hard and be smart.

06/30/2017 7:54pm

When we are at our worst moments in life, we shouldn't not forget to pray to God. Because it is the time that God would let us overcome these worst moments. He would guide and protect us on our problems. And he would lead us straight to a better life after our worst moments. I hope you'd continue to help other people life just like God did.

04/10/2017 11:36pm

Whenever you're feeling like you're on the edge of giving up everything, just take the next obvious step. To pray to God. It's probably the most obvious step to take for when you're feeling depressed and hopeless in everything but everyone just seems to ignore the power of praying and talking to God. This is just a simple reminder that everyone should really remember to be thankful for the life, the most precious gift that we've received from God. So, for me the next obvious step is really praying to God. I hope everyone would feel encouraged to do the same thing and learn to talk to God sometimes. This article made me realized something about my faith in God. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and I hope you could do the same thing.

12/14/2016 1:11am

Whenever you feel depressed or overwhelmed, just have strong faith on god and believe that he should take care of all your worries and problems in your life.

You are one step from the happiness. Use our service to be free!

custom dissertation writing services